San Francisco Hair Transplant Made Easy
Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration believes in making the hair transplant process as easy as possible for our San Francisco hair restoration patients. Our office serves patients in the San Francisco area, as well as the surrounding cities in Bay Area, California, by offering state of the art facilities that provide life changing results that are natural in appearance.
Want to learn more about our facilities and the San Francisco hair transplant services we offer? Take a look at our handy guide below:
San Francisco Hair Transplant Specialists
Before having a procedure in our San Francisco hair transplant center, you must realize that hair restoration is not a “cookie cutter” procedure that is the same for all patients.
The first step in the hair restoration process is scheduling a consultation appointment with a fellowship trained hair transplant doctor that can examine you in order to determine if you are an ideal hair transplant patient.
Our expert medical team specializes in educating patients as well as showing them the different hair restoration solutions available to address their hair loss. The consultation appointment is your chance to ask any and all questions you have in a one-on-one setting with the doctor. We will discuss your past medical history as well as ask about any current conditions you have that are being treated with medications. In addition, the doctor conducts a hair and scalp examination in order to properly determine if you are an ideal candidate for a hair transplant. During the consultation process, the doctor will explore your overall hair restoration goals so he can create the medical plan that will give you the hairline you have always desired.
Not able to make a consultation appointment in-person during our regular office hours? Don’t worry! We offer video consultation appointments as well as consultations over the phone for anyone that lives too far away to make it to our office for an in-person consultation.
San Francisco Hair Restoration Services
At Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration Center in San Francisco, we take great pride in offering the latest hair transplant techniques and technology to our patients. A hair transplant reverses the balding process by moving hair follicles of better quality from one area of the body to the balding areas. While the hair follicles are normally taken from the back or sides of the head, they can also be moved from other areas of the body such as the beard and torso.
A hair transplant can be performed through a variety of methods:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) – A technique that is performed by the doctor harvesting individual hair grafts, AKA follicular units, from the designated donor area. In this method, the hair can be removed without the doctor needing to make a linear incision on the scalp which also means there is no linear scar following the surgery. Even though this is a less invasive procedure than the strip method discussed below, it does have the disadvantage of harvesting a smaller number of grafts during each session than the more traditional strip method.
- Strip/Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) – This more traditional hair transplant method involves the transplanting of follicular units in their natural grouping through the removal of a strip of scalp from the donor area. After the hair is removed from the donor area, it is then processed by the surgical staff and counted before being placed in the balding areas in their natural direction. In general, this method takes about 6-9 hours to perform in our San Francisco hair restoration center.
- Celebrity FUE/Celebrity Hair Transplant – This is a limited FUE hair transplant procedure pioneered and performed by Dr. Parsa Mohebi that requires minimal post-surgery downtime. The FUE procedure has little to no detectability to the average eye thanks to the lack of a visible scar and there is no need to shave the donor or recipient area before the procedure.
The grafts are placed in incisions that are created by the hair transplant surgeon. The transplanted hair creates a hairline that is natural in appearance and is undetectable to the average person. Within a few days of the hair transplant procedure, the transplanted hair follicles become part of the skin.
Areas of the Body that can be Treated by a Hair Transplant
Do you think that the scalp is the only area of the body that can enjoy the hair restoration benefits of a hair transplant? Hair can actually be transplanted on many parts of the skin. Some of the most commons areas we treat, besides the scalp, are:
- Eyebrow transplant
- Body hair transplant on areas such as the chest or pubic area
- Restoration of the beard and mustache
- Lowering of the hairline
Our San Francisco Hair Restoration Center Covers the Bay Area
Our San Francisco Hair Transplant Center was established due to a high demand from patients in the Bay Area.Our office is located in the city of San Francisco but we also serve the entire Northern California area including cities such as:
- San Jose
- Santa Cruz
- Walnut Creek
- San Mateo
- Palo Alto
- Mountain View
In addition, we serve other cities in Central California and Northern California such as Sacramento.
What to Expect after Your Hair Transplant
While the San Francisco hair restoration process might seem overwhelming at times, the staff of Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration is here to help you every step of the way. From the initial consultation meeting to the actual hair transplant surgery, the recovery process and the final results where the hair starts to grow after the hair transplant surgery, you will always have access to the help and resources of our San Francisco hair transplant office and team.
Once the grafts have been placed in the scalp, you can expect to see some stubble and scabbing in the transplanted area of the scalp. These conditions will quickly heal and then the transplanted hair will start to fall out after a few weeks. This is nothing to worry about! It just means the hair has entered the resting phase of the hair growth process.
Several months later, the transplanted hair will start to grow back as small hair and then the hair growth will progress to longer and thicker hair that is normal and mature.
We will also show you how to properly wash your hair after you undergo a San Francisco hair restoration procedure. You will be provided with a timeline of what to expect following your hair transplant so you will be aware of what is happening every step of the way.
The final results depend on the amount and location of your balding as well as the number of grafts transplanted by Dr. Mohebi and his team. In general, early results be seen after 3-4 months and the full results will be visible after 12-18 months,
For more information about San Francisco hair transplant procedures, contact us today to schedule your consultation appointment.