What Is Involved In Your Hair Transplant Consultation?
We appreciate you considering Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration as your hair transplant provider. Like many of our patients, you might be curious about what steps are involved in a typical hair loss consultation appointment in our office. Here is what you can expect during your appointment with us as we help you plan for your hair restoration procedure:
Obtaining Your Medical and Hair Related History
- Past history – Before you see the doctor, we ask you to fill out a form that describes your past medical history, surgeries you have had and medications you currently use or have used in the past. We also want to know what hair loss treatments you have used in the past. Please bring your medication list to your hair consultation appointment as you may not remember all the details.
- Hair loss impacts – We also want to learn how hair loss has impacted your life and career and what your priorities are. This knowledge helps the doctor make a master plan that will be good for you now and also help you reach your goals.
History and Physical Exam by the Doctor
- Medical history – We will go over your complete medical history to see if there are any past medical issues that might adversely affect your ability to have a successful transplant
- Physical examination – We review your hair loss pattern, skin and hair condition and any styling options you use.
- Microscopic evaluation – We’ll perform a hair miniaturization study that shows the areas of scalp where you have active hair loss as well as predict the future of your baldness. This is a very critical test that lets the doctor determine if you have healthy donor hair and proper recipient skin that could allow for full growth of your hair.
- Other diagnostics – At times, other diagnostic tools might become necessary to determine your hair loss cause and how to treat your condition. Some patients may need further blood work or a scalp biopsy if the doctor suspects other types of hair loss that may need non-surgical treatments.
Crafting a Master Plan
- During the consultation the doctor will craft the best overall plan that suits your condition at this time and present the best options for the future. This plan not only includes the surgical procedure, it considers the medical treatments and even styling and cosmetic products that will give you the best result.
- Medication – You might not be a good candidate at this time to undergo a hair transplant but there are medications we can discuss that can help slow the rate of your hair loss.
- Hair Transplant – If you are ready to have a hair restoration procedure, we’ll examine the differences between the FUE hair transplant and FUT hair transplant to help you make an educated and informed decision regarding your transplant choice based on your goals.
- Once you make the decision of which transplant technique to undergo, we will design your hairline in order to give you the high quality results you desire and deserve.
- Every step of the way after your procedure will be discussed with you during your hair transplant consultation. That includes results and when to expect them, what you need to do and potential complications.
Now that you know what is covered in a consultation appointment, make your appointment by calling our office at (888) 302-8747 or by contacting us with this convenient online consultation form.