Before Scalp Micropigmentation
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP), which is also known as trichopigmentation, is a simple skin procedure that involves minimal downtime or recovery time on the part of the patient.
Before undergoing this procedure that works to achieve the appearance of hair on the head of a patient, there are certain steps that have to be taken by a person receiving this treatment. These pre-procedure steps are necessary in order to ascertain if you are an ideal candidate for the treatment. A patient needs to be an ideal candidate in order for the procedure to be a success. In addition, following the steps listed below will help to minimize any possible complications on your part from the procedure.
Take a look below at some simple instructions you need to follow before undergoing an SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) procedure.
New Skin Condition:
You need to inform our doctors if you have gained any new skin conditions since your initial consultation appointment. The SMP treatment may only be performed on healthy skin which means a patient does not need to be suffering from:
- Dermatitis, folliculitis or skin inflammation
- Scalp psoriasis
- Skin cancers or non-healing ulcers
- You will need to avoid the use of minoxidil for 7 days prior to the treatment as well as 7 days post-SMP treatment
- If you want to have a shaved effect when others are viewing the final results, please shave your scalp hair the day before the Scalp Micropigmentation procedure
- You should take a shower before your SMP procedureand wash your scalp with regular shampoo only. You should also avoid using any conditioner on your hair.
By following these simple steps, you will properly prepare yourself for an SMP procedure performed by placing microdot tattoos (using dermal pigments) on the outer layer of the skin on the scalp. The final result is the appearance of a fuller head of hair.