Enhanced FUE Transplant Efficiency
The art of Follicular Unit Extraction (also known as FUE) Hair Transplants has greatly improved over the past few years. In fact, FUE transplants have grown to be more popular than the more traditional Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) procedure through a strip method.
Why are FUE Transplants so Popular?
FUE transplants have grown in popularity thanks to new techniques and devices available for the procedure as well as our greater understanding of the techniques behind, and involved with, FUE hair restoration.
New Techniques for FUE Graft Harvesting
You might not be aware that FUE hair restoration requires a setup that is completely different from strip FUT. The different setup is mostly because of the differences in graft quality as well as any environmental factors that may affect the final growth of those grafts. Our efforts and improvements have considerably increased FUE hair transplant efficiency in the last few years. As a result, many new devices for FUE graft harvesting are available today, including:
- Manual punches of different sizes that can fit any hair characters
- Motorized punches that improve speed and efficiency of FUE procedures
- Automated devices for both extraction and placement of grafts
How does this Improve on Older Techniques?
In the not so distant past, ordinary methods of FUE involved various techniques that largely contributed to procedural complications. These older FUE methods brought about less than desirable results including:
- Longer out-of-body time for grafts
- A high rate of transection and injuring of grafts
- Inefficient punching that caused wasted time on transected, capped, buried or empty grafts
- A higher chance of hypopigmentation (loss of skin color) in the donor area
- A longer overall procedure time
Several factors seem to impact the growth of grafts based on initial studies conducted by us as well as other centers. Some of the factors that are important in the growth of the FUE grafts and could be improved are:
- Size and quality of FUE grafts
- Out-of-body time for grafts
- Delayed extraction of grafts after being punched
As a result, we’ve tried to resolve the above concerns as much as possible by implementing the following techniques. These techniques are part of the reason for the improved quality of FUE Hair Transplant at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration Centers:
- Efficiency – Using premade incisions before beginning a graft extraction session
- Individual Approach – Individualizing the FUE punches in order to match any need and hair type
- Quality Control – Rigorous and periodic testing during the procedure for angle, direction and curvature of the hair follicles
- Effectiveness – Serial graft extraction and placement
- Innovation – Minimized manipulation of grafts through our advanced graft implanters
- Enhanced Growth – Reducing the out of body time of grafts through simultaneous extraction and placement of hair grafts to minimize the out-of-body time of each follicular unit as well as improve the growth rate of the follicles
The secret behind our great results
Thanks to the use of the most advanced techniques for FUE transplantation, Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration has successfully reduced the overall time of FUE transplant procedures. We have also greatly increased the number of grafts that can be harvested per session and minimized the out-of-body time for each graft. These factors have not only improved the quality of our FUE transplants, they’ve also provided an overall pleasant experience and recovery time for our patients.