What Do I Need to Know Before My Transplant?
The first thing you need to know before your hair transplant is…Breathe deep and relax. You’ve already taken the big step of choosing to receive a hair transplant. Your care is now in the experienced hands of the doctor and our dedicated team.
The following is a list of instructions for you to follow before your hair transplant. If you have any questions about the instructions below, please call our office as soon as possible. We want you to be as comfortable as possible before, during and after your procedure.
Your Personal Hair Transplant Timeline:
- After checking with your primary doctor and if approved, stop taking aspirin or similar medications at least 10 days prior to your hair transplant.
- It’s important to avoid eating or drinking anything (except water or clear liquids) prior to your transplant starting at 12 A.M. (Midnight) the evening before you are scheduled to come in. Your procedure is being done under sedation and local anesthesia and this may be affected by your consumption.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages the day before as well as the day of your procedure. Alcohol can interact adversely with medications administered before and during a procedure.
- Avoid smoking the day before and for the first 5 days after your hair transplant. Smoking negatively affects the healing of the transplanted or donor area after any procedure.
- On the day of your hair restoration procedure, please dress comfortably in a shirt or a dress that unbuttons in the front.
- On the day of your hair transplant, take a shower and wash your hair with your regular shampoo. Rinse your hair thoroughly with an adequate amount of water. Avoid using any products (hairspray, mouse, gel, pomade, etc.) in your hair on the day of procedure.
- Parking is located behind the building. You can park in the Visitor’s parking area. (Please do not park in a reserved parking spot. Pull forward so other cars can park behind you. If you have any questions, we have parking attendants on site to help you with your vehicle).
- Your procedure may take between 5 to 10 hours depending on the number of grafts you are receiving.
- In addition to administrating local anesthesia, we generally use sedatives to keep you relaxed during the procedure. You can drive yourself the morning of your transplant but you will need to have a ride home (arranged in advance) following your procedure. You will not be permitted to drive because you may still be under some sedation after the procedure. If necessary, we can arrange for a taxi to drive you home that day.
Payment for Your Hair Transplant
- A down payment of $1000 for every procedure day is required as a deposit on the day you book your hair transplant. This amount is refundable as long as you change your appointment date or cancel the procedure at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled date.
- You will be charged for the remaining balance one week before the date of your procedure. There is no guarantee for the number of grafts you will receive. On the day of your hair transplant, the doctor will decide how many grafts can be safely harvested. You will only be charged for the number of grafts that you receive.
- Please bring your ID with you on the day of your procedure.
After Hair Transplant
- We will go over any instructions for you to follow during the days after your hair transplant and prior to your follow up visits.
Once again, if you have any questions before your procedure day, don’t hesitate to call us at 818-788-8363. We’ll be glad to assist you. Thank you again for choosing Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration. We hope that you have a pleasant and enjoyable experience with us.
Parsa Mohebi, MD
Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration