Before Scalp Micropigmentation
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP), or trichopigmentation, is a simple skin procedure with minimal downtime or recovery. There are certain steps that have to be taken by a person receiving this treatment in order to ascertain that the procedure is a success as well as minimize any possible complications from the procedure.
Below are some simple instructions you need to follow before undergoing an SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) procedure.
New Skin Condition:
You need to inform our doctors if you have any new skin conditions since your initial consultation. The SMP treatment may only be performed on healthy skin:
- No dermatitis, folliculitis or skin inflammation
- No scalp psoriasis
- No skin cancers or non-healing ulcers
- Avoid minoxidil for 7 days prior to the treatment and 7 days post-treatment
- For patients wishing to have a shaved effect, please shave scalp hair the day before SMP
- You should take a shower before your SMP procedure and wash your scalp with regular shampoo only and avoid using conditioner.